Ruud van Nistelrooy never really had any interest in management during his playing days at Manchester United. But after ending his career at Malaga, he has had plenty of time to contemplate his future plans, and now he wants to get into management! 

Come September and Ruud will be starting his coaching badges with PSV in Holland to get some coaching experience with them. In an exclusive interview with ManUtd.com, he revealed his coaching plans and said: 

I'm going to start my coaching badges in September. It's part of a course and I'm looking forward to that and will see where it takes me. It lasts for three years so it's quite a big thing for me. I'm going to take my time, not rush it and take it step-by-step.

Van Nistelrooy never planned to go into management but has had time to take stock since retiring from the game an year ago. 

He said: "I had my time as a professional player and I enjoyed every second of it. I did everything I could to be at my best in all the games that I played in. I prepared myself properly and I look back on it as a successful period. I'm really enjoying my time doing other things with the family now and that makes it great. I think for me to share it, with the coaching this year and taking the course, is the right thing to do." 

Before that though, van Nistelrooy will be heading back to Old Trafford when he will appear for both United and Real Madrid in the Red Heart United Legends match to be held on June 2, 2013.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License