Rio Ferdinand recently revealed how he urged Cristiano Ronaldo last summer to rejoin Manchester United.

The Portuguese superstar was unable to agree terms to a new contract during summer and it was widely speculated that he would leave Real Madrid. Sensing it would be a good time to encourage his old pal to come back to Old Trafford, Ferdinand contacted Ronaldo several times during the off-season.

Admitting his constant follow-up with CR7, Ferdinand said,
He was one of the most dialled people on my phone at the time. But I think the opportunity has gone now. If we could have done it, I think it would have been last summer. He’s signed a new deal at Real now. If he was going to leave Real Madrid, I think Manchester United would have been the place he would have come to. That’s my personal view, but no-one will ever know now.

I wonder how much Manchester United would have achieved if Ronaldo would have returned to Old Trafford last summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License