When Louis van Gaal bought Daley Blind to Manchester United this summer, many of us doubted about the role of the Dutchman. However, since the beginning of this new season, Blind has played crucial role in various positions, proving his versatility.

At Ajax, Blind played as a deep-lying midfielder while at United, he has played several roles, most recently, as a centre-back against Crystal Palace. The Dutchman himself admits that midfield is a good position for him because that is where he can help the team the most.

Showing his flexibility as a team player, Blind said, "Maybe my qualities are better for that position but, if the trainer needs me for the left full-back position, then I will play there. It is no problem for me."

When asked to describe his playing style, he said: "I think I am a player who keeps the ball and helps the rest of the team. I'm somebody who tries to play the easy pass instead of the difficult option, but it's also there [in this area of my game] that I have to improve myself. I always try to do my best and do what the coach asks of me."

Recently, Sir Alex Ferguson compared Daley Blind to a young Darren Fletcher and called him a "common sense player".

As a United fan, are you happy with the performances of Daley Blind so far? Post your comments below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License