Chris Smalling is known as a promising defender who plays for Manchester United, but football isn’t the only sport he excels at.


During an interview with manutd.com, Smalling proved to be an all-rounder as he revealed his interests apart from football.

Here’s some Q & A with Chris Smalling.

What are your interests away from the pitch?
I like golf, although I’m not as good as some of the boys here. I’m a big tennis fan, too. I went to Wimbledon a few years ago and had a great day. I like table-tennis, too - there’s a competition between the lads and I’m ready for any challenger.

Have you any hidden talents?
I was a national judo champion when I was younger. I started when I was about six or seven and quit just before I joined Fulham. I’ve got medals somewhere.

Did you know when Smalling was nine years old; he had stopped playing football because he couldn’t settle at any football league academy. He then opted to continue his education when he again got a chance to play the game and since then his journey as a professional football player started.

Recently, Smalling was called up to the England senior squad for the first time for their friendly against France but he remained as an unused sub.

The lad is young and has a great future ahead and given his all-rounder status, he’ll surely be around for a long time. Good luck Chris!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License