Manchester United has resigned Zlatan Ibrahimovic on a one-year contract. The Swedish striker's spell with the Red Devils was curtailed by a serious knee injury which ended his season prematurely.

Ibra made 46 appearances and scored 28 goals for United during the 2016/17 campaign. After undergoing a successful surgery, the 35-year old underwent his rehabilitation and has now agreed to return to Old Trafford.

Jose Mourinho expressed his thoughts by saying, 
We are delighted Zlatan is on the road to recovery and we are equally delighted to have his ambition and experience back with us. After his contribution last season he deserves our trust and we will be patient waiting for him to return. I have no doubt that he will be important in the second part of the season.


The big Swede will be wearing #10 shirt vacated by Wayne Rooney, after he allowed Romelu Lukaku to take #9 shirt that he wore last season.

Expressing his pleasure, Ibrahimovic said,
I am back to finish what I started. It was always mine and the club's intention for me to stay. I cannot wait to get back out on that Old Trafford pitch, but I also know that I have to take my time to make sure that I am ready. I have been working hard and will continue to do so to make sure I am in the best possible condition for my return to the pitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License