Long time target of Manchester United - Antonia Valencia, was finally brought to the Theater of Dreams. Although United not specified a fee, it is believed they have spent around £16million of the world record £80million banked from the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo. Valencia has signed a four year contract and becomes the first summer signing of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Though people talk highly about his pace and ability, I personally feel that he is overpriced for £16million. With due respect to Valencia, I have serious doubts whether he will be able to fit in CR7s place as a winger. May be Sir Alex might be able to hone him as per his requirements.

Anyways, this is what Valencia said after becoming a Red Devil:

Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me.

I have enjoyed my time at Wigan but I am thrilled to have the chance to challenge for the biggest honours in club football here.

Playing in front of 76,000 fans alongside players like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs will be an amazing experience.

I can't wait to get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License