Park Ji-sung has silently achieved a feat that many cannot even think of - to play 200 games for Manchester United. He completed the milestone when he was introduced as a substitute in United's staggering comeback draw at Chelsea on last Sunday.

The 30-year-old energetic midfielder who joined Manchester United in 2005 from Dutch side PSV Eindhoven was considered a money-making venture by many critics. They claimed he was only bought to sell shirts in the Far East, but now Park has silenced all of them.

On joining United's 200 club Park Ji-sung said,
I am proud to reach this mark. I never thought I could play 200 matches for Manchester United. Some people did say those things (shirt-seller) when I came here. Now no-one says it. I am very happy that I proved Asian players can deal with the high levels of European football.

Park has been a key figure in Sir Alex's plans, perhaps for the energy he brings while on the field. Also, he has a remarkable habit of scoring in matches against the biggest oppositions.

Constantly troubled with injuries during his stay at Old Trafford, I hope Park Ji-sung keeps playing with the same amount of energy and helps Manchester United to lift trophies again and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License