Nemanja Vidic who has been nursing an injury since last year says he is targeting to return to action during the pre-season games for next term.

Vidic had ruptured his cruciate ligament during a Champions League game with Basel in December. The injury was so severe that he was immediately ruled out for the rest of this season.

During a webchat with the ManUtd.com Vidic said his target was pre-season training. He said,
"My recovery is going well. Obviously the projection was I would be ready for the next season. I am on schedule and will hopefully start training again in July."

When players get such horrible injuries, their rehabilitation takes lot of time. I remember when Antonio Valencia had twisted his ankle last year, his recovery took lot of time. In fact, United's physiotherapists gave him the NASA water torture treatment to strengthen his legs and improve his balance.

I wonder what Vida will go through once his rehabilitation program steps up. I just hope he returns back to action fully fit and plays the entire season without too much of injuries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License