Manchester United's number 15, Nemanja Vidic has confirmed he will leave Manchester United at the end of the 2013/14 season. He also confirmed about his plans to quit England to join a team from a different league, which most probably will be Inter Milan.

The Serbian defender told ManUtd.com, “It’s the last year of my contract and I have had eight wonderful years here. My time at this great club will always rank as the best years of my career. I never could have imagined winning 15 trophies and I will certainly never forget that fantastic night in Moscow, memories that will live with me and the fans forever. However, I have decided that I will move on at the end of this season. I want to challenge myself again and try to make the best of myself in the coming years."

Vidic had joined United from Russian outfit Spartak Moscow on Christmas Day in 2005. He took some time to adjust to life in Manchester but his strong performances and his ability to stay solid as a rock at the heart of the defence made him a fan favorite. Sir Alex Ferguson also made him club captain, and he led by example on the pitch.

So far we are certain about Evra and Vidic leaving Old Trafford and it seems Rio Ferdinand will quit United as well. Earlier during the week, Moyes had stressed about Rio's contribution to the team and his intent to keep him for another year, but I think Rio will eventually say good-bye after this season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License