Wayne Rooney has finally put speculation around his Manchester United future to rest by signing a 4 year contract extension with the Red Devils. It is now official that Rooney will stay at the club until June 2019, giving him an "outstanding chance" to become club's all-time goalscorer.

The new deal also provides Rooney an opportunity to become a club ambassador when he retires from the game. I think the best motivation for Wazza would be to become United's leading all-time goalscorer. Currently he has scored 208 goals from 430 games, which puts him fourth in the club's all-time goalscorer list behind Jack Rowley (211), Denis Law (237) and Bobby Charlton (249).

After signing the contract extension, Rooney explained why the future is bright at Old Trafford by saying, 

I am made up to be staying at United. In August I will have been at the club for 10 years and during that time I have played with some fantastic players and won everything that I hoped I would when I first signed. I now have the chance as one of the club's senior players to help the younger players coming through and to be a part of another great United team.
I am really excited to be a part of the club's future and want to thank David Moyes and Ed Woodward for their belief and support in me. I am convinced that this is the start of another successful chapter in Manchester United's history.

After all the drama last summer surrounding Wazza's future, with Chelsea aggressively pursuing him, it's a great news United have retained one of their best players. Without a doubt, for Wayne Rooney and Manchester United, it's deja vu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License