Player of the Month for February, Juan Mata spoke exclusively to United Uncovered about settling in at Old Trafford and making Manchester home. I hope he continues with his great form as we head into a mammoth month of March. Here's his interview with ManUtd.com:

Q: Congratulations, Juan. You're ManUtd.com's Player of the Month for February. Having only been here for five weeks, you must be delighted the fans have taken to you so quickly?

It is amazing for me to be awarded with this prize after my first month. I have played just a few games, five games I think, and I am really grateful that the fans have voted for me.

Q: How do you feel you've settled at the club and are you enjoying Manchester life?

I feel really happy. Life in Manchester is good. I have already found a house, I have a new home and I am trying to know different places around the city. It is a really nice city to live in. It's quiet, relaxing and you can be focused on what is important – playing football.

Q: Reading your weekly blog, it seems David De Gea has introduced you to the city...

To be honest, I think I already know more places than him after one month! It's true, we're living really close, we are neighbours and he has showed me some places to go for dinner, where to go in the city and where we live, which is really close to the training ground.

Q: Your relationship with your new team-mates on the pitch seems to be flourishing. Are you pleased with how it's going?

I think we have a very good dressing room. All of the lads are really friendly and nice. They have been very good for me in the early days, which is important when you arrive at a new club. You need that from your team-mates and they gave me that support, so I am really grateful to them. We have a great mix and a good balance in the dressing room, with old players, experienced players and young players. We have the right players to try to challenge in the next months.

Q: We have five Premier League games in March and this could be a decisive month in terms of where we finish in the table. Are you you feeling confident?

It's a crucial month for us and, to be honest, I am very positive about it. After being here for five games, I can see the players that we have and the things that we can do. We know that we have to win as many games as we can until the end of the season and we have to start with this month. We play against very big teams like Liverpool and Manchester City and we will try to win as many points as we can.

Q: We face Liverpool and City at Old Trafford, two big derbies. Having viewed these rivalries from afar, are you looking forward to playing the games?

Well, every time I watch a game between Man United and Man City, or Man United and Liverpool, I can see that the whole country is watching that game. These are massive fixtures for both teams, so now that I am here I will try to enjoy both games. Obviously we will want to win and I think we can do it. We play both games at home and I think, in front of our supporters, we can do it.

Note: This interview was conducted by United Uncovered and it originally appeared on ManUtd.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License