Robin van Persie found himself in the middle of a storm recently when several rumours suggested he was unhappy at Manchester United and was looking to leave Old Trafford at the end of the season. However, like a gentleman, he has set the record straight by declaring his intention to not just complete his current contract (until 2016) but possibly extend it further.

In a revealing interview with official matchday programme United Review, the Dutchman said,
The truth is I’m very happy here at this club. I signed for four years and I’d be delighted to stay even longer, beyond the next two years I have left on my contract. This is how I feel, although it’s not what has been suggested in the media. I’m very happy with my team-mates and I’m very happy with my manager and his staff. The sessions we have on the training ground are fantastic and I’m learning a lot from them every day. I’ve been a professional footballer for 12 years now and there’s no doubt I’m learning new things and progressing with David Moyes.

The next two weeks are huge for Manchester United as they face Liverpool this Sunday and our noisy neighbours Manchester City on Tuesday, March 25th. With Nani back in training, I hope United put up a good show and try to win both the games and continue that momentum until the end of the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License