It's confirmed! Manchester United have signed Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo for a fee of £16million.

Finally, there's some good news for United fans and more importantly, for new manager Louis van Gaal who finally gets his man after a protracted transfer saga. The left-footed Argentine defender will wear the No 5 shirt.

As part of the deal, Nani will be joining Sporting Lisbon on a season-long loan with United paying the entirety of the winger's wages during the loan spell.

24-year old Marcos Rojo is United's third summer signing after Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera. After completing his "dream move", Marcos Rojo said:
It is such an honour to say that I now play for Manchester United. The Premier League is the most exciting league in the world and to have the chance to play in it for the world's biggest club is a dream for me. I am young and am very keen to continue to learn the game, so playing for such an experienced technical coach as Louis van Gaal is a fantastic opportunity for me. I have joined United to work hard with my team-mates to win trophies and I know that the manager shares that ambition.

Hopefully, Rojo might be joined by another Argentine at Old Trafford soon, if United manage to sign Angel Di Maria before the transfer deadline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License