Manchester United #10 Wayne Rooney has been tipped to break the goals record of Sir Bobby Charlton (249) and Denis Law (237) by becoming United's all time leading goal scorer.

Wazza has scored 202 goals so far and Sir Bobby praised him saying, “I've spoken to Wayne and I've told him he's doing really, really well. Fantastically well. I'll lose no sleep over it at all if Wayne beats my record. It will be something else for the club to be proud of. And he can buy the drinks!”

Another United legend, Denis Law applauded Rooney's goalscoring abilities and also his attitude to win. He said, “One thing that Rooney’s always shown since he’s arrived at the club is that he’s not only a goalscorer, but a person who tries, no matter what the scoreline is. I wasn’t surprised to see Wayne reach 200 goals for United. I said years ago that as long as he stayed fit he would become the highest scorer and I have no doubt he'll break the record.”

Wazza has been in fine form this season. If he stays injury-free and wears the Red shirt for another two years, there is no doubt Rooney will become United's leading goal scorer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License